Objective “European Territorial Co-operation”
Operational Programme Greece-Bulgaria 2007-2013
Common Religious Cultural Pathways
Since March 2011, the South-West University “Neofit Rilski” has been implementing as a partner organization a project named " Common Religious Cultural Pathways ". The project, also known as the “CORECT” Project under its acronym in English, is financed under the European Territorial Cooperation Programme Greece-Bulgaria 2007-2013.
The project is implemented by 7 partners organizations, 2 of them from Bulgaria, and 5 of them from Greece. The project partners are as follows:
- Holy Metropolis of Alexandroupolis, Traianoupolis & Samothrace, Greece;
- Holy Metropolis of Drama, Greece;
- Holy Metropolis of Zihnon & Nevrokopiou, Greece;
- Holy Metropolis of Neapolis and Stavroupolis, Greece;
- Holy Metropolis of Nevrokop, Bulgaria;
- Cultural and Educational Technology Institute, Greece;
- South-West University “Neofit Rilski”, Bulgaria;
The main objectives of the project CORECT are to:
- Create a cooperation network for the promotion of cultural assets, throughout the project implementation by bringing religious cultural heritage organisations (Dioceses) with important cultural assets, together with research & educational institutions.
- Study, document and promote the common religious cultural heritage of the cross-border Bulgaria-Greece region, through the development of a network of stakeholders sharing the mutual aim of developing multi-lingual content and IT tools that will bond with existing infrastructures to establish a vision of promoting and developing the multitude of sacred monuments and entities of religious art.
- Raise the awareness of the population of the area on cultural/religious monuments.
- Create a tool that could be used in other developmental areas such as alternative tourism.