Modes of study / Info Pack
- Full time / part time, for individuals who have "Bachelor" / "Master" Degree in Majors of professional field 3.9. Tourism – 2 semesters – Info Pack
- Full time / part time, for individuals who have "Bachelor" / "Master" Degree in Majors of professional direction different from 3.9. Tourism – 4 semesters – Info Pack
- Full time/part time, for individuals who have "Professional Bachelor in …." Degree in Majors of professional field 3.9. Tourism – 4 semesters – Info Pack
The accreditation of this program is until 2019 .
The education is performed by Faculty of Economics.
Requirements for the professional qualifications and competence of graduates:
The Master's degree is designed to reinforce students' theoretical knowledge and practical skills, enabling them to organize their own hotel or restaurant business and / or perform top management functions. Therefore, the courses comprising the curriculum build fundamental knowledge related to the administration, planning and technology of hotel and restaurant management.
Requirements for the specialist preparation:
A graduate with a Master's degree in "Hotel and restaurant management" should have specific skills in the areas of:
- Hotel and restaurant chains
- Management of intangible assets in hotel complexes
- Logistics and resource provision for hotel and restaurant management
- Culinary tourism and catering
- Social psychology and tourist behavior
- Legal regulations in the field of tourism
A specialist with a Master's degree has to:
- Know the specifics of the management of quality systems in hotel and restaurant management as well as all the criteria and indicators for quality and competitiveness of tourism products and activities
- Possess a high degree of autonomy in making management decisions in the field of tourism.
This implies focusing on the application of theoretical knowledge both in a simulated situation during the training course and when solving a specific practical case. In regulating this process a dialectical relationship between the second and third educational degree must be followed.
Knowledge and experience should be applied integratedly in the analysis of:
- The market of tourist services
- The state and development of tourist resources in different geographic regions
- The regulations and their enforcement in hotels, restaurants, tour operating and tour agency businesses, advertising and other activities related to tourism.
The training course in the Master's program terminates with a Master's thesis, the topic of which is consistent with the individual interests of students, given their future career.
The qualification characteristics of the major "Tourism" for the Master's degree with a professional qualification "Master in hotel and restaurant management" is a key document that determines the development of curriculum and educational programs. It is consistent with the Higher Education Act, the Ordinance on state requirements for acquiring the degrees of "Master", "Bachelor", "Specialist" and the regulations of SWU "Neofit Rilski".