Modes of study / Info Pack
- regular/part time, for students possessing bachelor/master degree on subjects in the professional fields 3.8. Economics, 3.7. Administration and Management – 2 semesters – Info Pack
- regular/part time, for students possessing bachelor/master degree on subjects in the professional fields 3.8. Economics, 3.7. Administration and Management – 4 semesters – Info Pack
- regular/part-time, for holders of "Professional bachelor in…" degree in the majors in professional field 3.8. Economics – 4 semesters – Info Pack
The accreditation of this program is until 2018 .
The education is performed by Faculty of Economics.
Requirements for the professional skills and competencies of the graduates:
Through the study of a complex set of subjects, a specialist with quality theoretical and practice-related knowledge and skills will be prepared, such who will be able to fulfill one's professional obligations.
Through the acquisition of this professional qualification, the graduates can manage, prepare expert opinions and be consulted in all departments of the social sphere /education, culture, health, sports, physical education, social activities/, as well as in management institutions in these areas; to conduct studies, aiming to improve or develop economic concepts, theories and methods used to understand and describe the behavior of the local or international markets of goods, services and labor; to give advice or to apply scientific knowledge in making economic policies or to formulate solutions to present or prognosticated economic problems.
The graduates of this master degree program shall be able to work as:
263 Social Sciences Specialists; 2631 Economists; 26315030 Chief Treasurer; 26316001 Economic Adviser; 26316002 Economic Analyst; 26316003 Specialist, Econometrics; 26316008 Economist, Income and standard of living; 26316009 Economist, Econometrics; 26316012 Economist, Organization and management; 26316014 Economist, Labor Organization; 26316015 Economist, Agriculture; 26316016 Economist, Social care and support; 26316017 Economist, Social insurance; 26316018 Economist, Social Security; 26316019 Economist, Transportation; 26316020 Economist, Labor; 26316021 Economist, Tourism; 26316022 Economist, Trade; 26316023 Economist, Personnel management; 26316024 Economist, Finance; 26316025 Economist, Prices; 26316026 Economist, Planner; 26316027 Economist, Cost-price calculator; 26316028 Economist, Procurement; 26316029 Economist; 26317004 Chief Economist; 1219 Managers in business services and administrative activities; 1213 Managers in policy and strategic planning; 12137043 Manager, Department of Economic Analysis and Forecasting; 12137043 Manager, Strategic Planning; 12137043 Manager affiliate territorial division of NII; 332 Brokers, trading and sales; 333 Business services brokers; 1342 Managers in Healthcare; 1344 Managers of social services; 1345 Managers in education; 1349 Managers in the field of professional services; 143 Managers of other services; 1431 Managers, Sports centers, recreation centers and cultural centers; 1439 Managers of other services; 2310 University lecturers;
- Managers at all levels of management /ministries, institutions and companies/ in the social sphere;
- Managers and deputies at all levels and structures of education, healthcare, culture;
- Specialists /experts/ in all economic units and departments in the structures of that field;
- Experts in the ministries and municipalities on social issues /education, healthcare, culture/.
Requirements to the training received by the future specialists who have graduated the master degree program:
The specialist with educational degree 'Master' in 'Economics of the Public Sphere' is characterized with high level of organizational, social and economics culture. He obtains broad social and managerial knowledge and skills.
The specialist in 'Economics of the Public Sphere' possesses general skills in the following areas:
- Foundations of microeconomics and macroeconomics, accounting and control, finance, statistics, marketing and advertisement, investment policy, general theory of management, human-resources management, current information techniques and technologies, mathematics;
- Economics of socio-cultural activities, culturology, social policy and social insurance;
- European economic co-operation, financial management, risk management, exchange markets and operations;
- They acquire the ability to integrate their knowledge in order to analyze, assess and offer solutions for the development of a certain branch of the socio-cultural structure or management structure in the area of education, culture and healthcare, in contemporary economic and social aspect.
The qualification characteristics of the 'Economics of the Public Sphere' Major for the educational and qualification degree Master with a professional qualification Master in Economics of the Public Sphere' is an essential document which determines the curriculum and syllabus design and development. It is consistent with the Higher Education Act of the Republic of Bulgaria, with the Ordinance on the State Requirements for Awarding Educational and Qualification Degrees of Master, Bachelor and Specialist, and with the Internal Regulations of the South-West University 'Neofit Rilski'.