Modes of study / Info Pack
- regular/part-time, for holders of "Bachelor"/"Master" degree in the majors in professional field 3.7. Administration and management, and 3.8. Economics – 2 semesters – Info Pack
- regular/part-time, for holders of "Bachelor"/"Master" degree outside the majors the professional field 3.7. Administration and management, and 3.8. Economics – 4 semesters – Info Pack
The accreditation of this program is until 2020 .
The education is performed by Faculty of Economics.
PURPOSE OF THE PREPARATION:
Training in "Management of Regional Development" Master degree is done in the professional field 3.7. Administration and Management. The purpose of education is to prepare professionals for professional performance as managers, experts, consultants, management of regional development in all parts of the business and non-profit sector, public and private sector, NGO's, as well as universities, research institutes, development units , etc.
Graduates of this Master's program can work as:
- Leaders at all levels of government in local and state government structures;
- Specialized professionals in all departments of the management hierarchy of local and state government structures;
- Experts / advisers / guides of the local and state government structures and other consultants.
COMPETENCIES OBTAINED BY STUDENTS:
- Knowledge and skills in wider economy, social and managerial aspects that enrich and elaborate the basis obtained in this direction from the completed degree "Bachelor";
Profound meet and master current problems in the management of regional development including:
- Foundation of the regional economy, regional development strategies, management of residential development, interregional integration;
- Management of municipal finances and investments, management of regional projects, sustainable regional development;
- Public finance, demographic aspects of regional development, the management of territorial administration.
- Ability to acquire integrated application of knowledge;
- Develop and manage the implementation of regional development strategies;
- Prepare comprehensive financial analysis of projects related to regional development, as well as analysis and risk assessment of project financing;
- Process, systematize, analyze, and exploit opportunities for implementation of regional projects funded by EU;
- Make strategic and tactical management decisions related to the management of regional development.
The curriculum is consistent with the curricula of many universities in Western Europe and with the requirements of the Unified system of credit transfer.
The qualification characteristics of Major "Business Management and Entrepreneurship " for Education and Qualification Degree "Master" with professional qualification "Master in Management of Regional Development " is a basic document which defines and presets the further designing of the curriculum and study course programs. The qualification characteristics is in compliance with the Higher Education Act of the Republic of Bulgaria, with the Regulations for the state requirements for awarding educational and qualification degrees of "Master", "Bachelor" and "Specialist" and with the internal regulations of the South-West University "Neofit Rilski".