Modes of study / Info Pack
- Regular – 8 semesters – Info Pack
- Part time – 8 semesters
The accreditation of this program is until 2018 .
The education is performed by Faculty of Economics.
І. Training objective
The study of basic and specialized disciplines in the curriculum the major program "Accounting and Control" aims to train economists who have both theoretical and practical knowledge and skills and can perform their professional obligations at a level corresponding to the contemporary stage of human knowledge. The Accounting and Control major trains specialists for the accounting-informational sector of the national economy. This major provides a wide array of opportunities and perspectives for professional realization in the public and corporate sectors of the Bulgarian economy, in the different sectors of the bank system and other bank and financial institutions, investment funds, insurance, social insurance, budget enterprises, pension funds, tax and customs administration, the divisions of the National Audit Office and the State Financial Control, the stock and the goods exchanges.
The graduates from this major can work as chief accountants, financial experts, tax officers, economic directors, methodologists in accounting analysis and other specialized financial and economic jobs.
II. Requirements for the training of economists
The economist who completes the bachelor's degree in Accounting and Control should have a broad socio-economic culture.
The graduates of the Accounting and Control major should have basic knowledge in the following spheres:
- Higher calculus, general theory of law, macroeconomics, political science, microeconomics, European economic cooperation, economic history;
- General theory of management, economics of labour, statistics and finance;
- Information systems, marketing, planning and prognostication;
- Corporate accounting, bank accounting, accounting in other non-bank financial institutions, accounting of the state enterprise;
- International and national standards, legal accounting expertise, financial and economic analysis.
ІІІ. The accountant should have the following basic skills:
- To apply the learned general, special and specialized theoretical knowledge in building financial accounting systems integratively;
- To be familiar with single and double-entry accounting, as well as to presentation the way resources are created, their movement and the sources that formed them;
- To organize the accounting and financial activity and the internal financial control in the enterprise;
- To perform the entire accounting process;
- To draw up and analyze the financial reports of the enterprise;
- To be able to perform legal-accounting and financial-economic expertise;
- To exercise control over the financial and budget resources of enterprises.
Those who have acquired a bachelor degree in Major "Accounting and control" can practice the following professions and take the respective positions in accordance with the National classification of professions and job positions, 2011:
– 1211 Managers of financial activities; – 1213 Internal audit manager; – 1346 Head of a branch of a financial and insurance institution; – 2111 Auditors and accountants; – 2441Economists; – 2422 Specialist in administrative policy (accounting); – 7040 Head of Bulgarian National Audit Office; – 7043 Analysis and prognosis manager; – Head of strategic planning; – 7045 Head of a branch of the National Social Security Institute; – 5056 Project manager; – 3312 Credit specialist; – 3311 Securities broker; – 3313 Operations accountant; – 3314 Applied specialist statistics; – 3315 Assessor of property and damage; – 3324 Trade agent; – 4311 Accountant; – 3321 Insurance agent; – 3334 Real estate and property management agents; – 3341 Office manager; – 3351 Customs and border inspectors; – 3352 Civil servants performing tax and financial control; – 3353 Inspector in state administration on social assistance and social security; – 3359 Applied specialists in tax administration; – 4211 Bank tellers; – 4214 Debt collectors; – 4312 Employees keeping statistical, financial and insurance documents.
The qualification characteristics of Major "Accounting and control" for Education and Qualification Degree "Bachelor" with professional qualification "Economist" is a basic document which defines and presets the further designing of the curriculum and study course programs. The qualification characteristics is in compliance with the Higher Education Act of the Republic of Bulgaria, with the Regulations for the state requirements for awarding educational and qualification degrees of "Master", "Bachelor" and "Specialist" and with the internal regulations of the South-West University "Neofit Rilski".