Modes of study / Info Pack
- regular – 8 semesters – Info Pack
The accreditation of this program is until 2018 .
The education is performed by Faculty of Economics.
Purpose of the training
Through a system of fundamental and applied disciplines to gain a thorough theoretical and practical skills in foreign economic activities and international economic relations.
The teaching in this degree includes specialized compulsory training, elective and optional subjects. It gives a foundation on which to build a modern management, using and foreign experience in the field of foreign trade and international economic relations. Skills of speed and adequacy of response are formed, tailored to the changing situation in the environment. Habits of using management technologies are built, through software products and better orientation in the rich database by using the potential of the Internet medium.
Graduates can work in external economic sector of the national economy with ample opportunities for professional development in the public and corporate sector of the economic system of the country associated with foreign operations and international finance units of the banking system, non-governmental organizations, investment funds, insurance and security systems, pension funds, tax and customs administration divisions of the state financial control and the Court of Auditors, stock and commodity exchanges, and financial services companies.
The bachelors in Economics, major "International business", can occupy the following positions:
A specialist in international business and foreign trade transactions, an employee in international economic organizations, a foreign exchange broker or dealer, a specialist in international transport and insurance specialist in international tourism, customs inspector and others.
Requirements for the students:
The economist has high social and economic culture. To this end, the block training semesters includes compulsory subjects which are defined by relevant regulations and elective and optional subjects included in the curriculum by a decision of the Department and Faculty Council. This strikes a balance between knowledge according to state requirements, while the freedom of the respective managements and the students themselves to shape finally the curriculum.
Significant proportion occupy the common theoretical disciplines that provide fundamental knowledge of economic and socio-political processes in the conditions of market economy. Besides them, the economist with a degree "Bachelor" has a solid knowledge of general principles and methods of management, refracted through the prism of global macroeconomic processes, structural changes in the international division of labor and trends in global trade. He has a solid background in company management in a holistic aspect – production, finance, innovation, foreign trade transactions and others. The economist specializing in "International Business" possess basic knowledge in the following areas:
- Mathematics, basics of law, micro- and macroeconomics, economic theory, international and European economic cooperation;
- Marketing and advertising, business planning and control, basic governance, economic history and geography, accounting, statistics, economics of foreign economic activity, finance, prices and pricing policy;
- Global economy, world economy, international negotiations, banks and banking system, foreign trade operations of the company, investments and investment policy, financial analysis, exchange and stock operations;
- International finance's situation on the commodity and currency markets, joint and coordinated integration policies, foreign exchange transactions, international tourism.
Competences obtained by the students:
- Work out a financial plan and strategy for the company's operations in international markets;
- Have qualities oriented strategic management of foreign trade activities of the company and the ability to make a "snapshot" of the external environment and "captures" the leading trends in the foreign currency and commodity markets;
- Can organize and conduct market research using whole toolbox of methods and technologies of them;
- Can make a comprehensive analysis of foreign economic activity of the company through the use of statistics and research methods;
- Can process, systematize, analyze and output the leading trends in foreign trade company, which favor making management decisions.
The qualification characteristic of "International Businesss" to a degree "Bachelor" with professional qualification "Economist" is the basic document that defines the development of the curriculum and educational programs. It is consistent with the Higher Education Act, the Ordinance on state requirements for acquiring the degree "Master", "Bachelor", "Specialist" and Regulations of the SWU "Neophyte Rilski".